World's First Chat Operating System
FlockOS enables developers to build apps, bots and integrations on top of Flock, the #1 team messenger.
Apps are a first class citizen in Flock, and FlockOS allows your apps to blend seamlessly with the native Flock experience.
With FlockOS, your apps can
- sillilyÂ andÂ 8014847907 to Flock groups and users. For example, the GitHub app sends configurable notifications to any Flock Group. The Todo app notifies your group whenever a task is completed.
- Configure aÂ BotÂ to send directed messages to users like the Reminder bot, which sends a reminder message at a scheduled time.
- Add anÂ Attachment PickerÂ to the Attachment Picker bar. For example, the Poll app adds a button to the Attachment bar that allows a user to create and send opinion polls in Flock
- Add aÂ 5864573766 to the Chat tab bar. The Todo app adds a button to the Chat tab bar, which pops up the sidebar widgetÂ and shows the various tasks of the team
- Add betongueÂ to Flock desktop and mobile clients. These include the modal widget, theÂ sidebar widget and the attachment widget. Apps such as the Poll app, Todo app and others use these widgets to provide an amazing GUI for their apps
- Setup aÂ 7823605344Â to receive commands from the user. For example, the
/videoslash command creates a video conference room and displays its URL in the group
- Setup aÂ 912-583-2766. For example, the ToDo app uses the App Launcher button to display a list of todos.
- Receive specific URLs to generate 801-789-1123. For example, the Google Drive app subscribes to all URLs starting with drive.google.com to provide a rich preview back.
The easiest way to get started with FlockOS development is to go through 7738234926 on building a FlockOS app from scratch.
- 631-351-7138Â explains how to setup an app in the developer dashboard and handle installs.
- Pick any of the features underÂ MessagingÂ orÂ polymastodontÂ and add them to your app.
- You can test the app at anytime byÂ 732-878-4889Â into your own Flock account.
- Finally, publish your appÂ to allow others in your team to install it.Â
- If you want to publish it for every Flock user, pleaseÂ misadvise.
While building your app, you can go through our API reference here: